Are you sure you’ve chosen the right credit card? Do you get the most out of your plastic? Is it the best option possible in your case?
Choosing the right credit card is a big issue for a lot of people. Why? Any other customer makes the same old mistake – choosing the plastic not corresponding to the lifestyle a person leads. This results in an inability to use it to your advantage. So, how to choose the best plastic among those cheap, expensive, flimsy, and durable ones? Today we’re going to teach you how. So, you will be able to pick a plastic, which works in your case, but not for your friends or someone else. To look through all types of cards available on the market today, go to https://trymiles.com/credit-cards/ and try to pick one, considering what we’re going to talk about in the article.
5 Steps to Your Perfect Credit Card
There are hundreds of credit cards out there, but not all of them are good enough for you the same way they are good for your friend or neighbour. Why? It basically depends on your daily routine. Do you travel a lot? Do you work a lot? Do you go shopping a lot? Credit cards are definitely not one-size-fits-all.
So, here what you can do when in search of your perfect plastic.
- Calculate your spendings. Find out how much do you spend on every activity in your life. What is the most expensive thing in your budget? Groceries? Travelling? Eating out?
- Be aware of what you need, specifically. There are three main types of plastic you can choose from – to make purchases, to reward your spendings, or to pay off debts. It is very important to not mix those plastics. Say, don’t use balance transfer cards for shopping, as each of the cards has their own rules and payments you should stick to. So, it may be too expensive to use a balance transfer card for purchases;
- If you’re going to travel a lot, pick a credit created specifically matching this purpose. Look for travel credit card with no international payment fee;
- If you’re going to use it for purchases mainly, find something with a cashback offer. There are a lot of cards, which reward every purchase a customer makes;
- One more important fact to consider is the number of the cards you have had before. If it is your first one, or if you’re a college student, give your preference to a student card, which gives additional payment options to shop online and spend money on books on very good terms. Or you should apply for a secured plastic, which doesn’t require a credit history.
Remember that the right credit card is not only the one helping you to spend wisely. It is also a plastic, which helps you to save wisely, preventing you from overspending. Always take your financial needs and habits into account. Manage your finances efficiently.