Costa Rica Real Estate – These past few years, records show that more and more Americans are enticed to buy vacation homes or retire abroad. It could be to spend quality time in a tropical country away from the sweltering heat of the sun or piercing cold of winter, be able to stretch dollars further in their golden years, get away from overly expensive cost of living, escape the rat race and gossip, live a simpler and happy life, and many other plausible reasons.
To determine which countries are popular among Americans, a group of analysts did a research study of the Top 20 Home Buying Destinations in the Americas using people’s search patterns and an extensive set of keywords about real estate and properties for sale – monthly Google searches from the United States including their monthly search volume. Afterwards, they ranked the countries according to their popularity. According to the final report Belize comes in first with its average monthly search of 31,040; Costa Rica comes in second with 29,910 average monthly searches; Puerto Rico is in third place with an average monthly search of 25,370; Mexico takes the 4th spot with 23,870 average monthly searches; 5th spot is occupied by US Virgin Islands with 19,750 average monthly searches. Other countries that got into the top 20 list of most searched places by Americans online are Panama, Canada, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Jamaica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Bermuda, Barbados, Colombia, Cuba and Argentina.
In Belize you can buy a 1,336 sq. ft. property with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths for $289,000; in Costa Rica you can purchase a 1,800 sq. ft. property that comes with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths for just $299,000; while with $300,000 you can buy a 4 bedroom, 3 baths inside a 3,100 sq. ft. property in Puerto Rico.
If you have noticed, most of the countries on the list are laid-back tropical countries that offer a stress-free and affordable lifestyle far away from the hectic and chaotic life found in a well-developed country like the US.
Costa Rica getting the 2nd top spot did not come as a surprise; rather it was expected. Why?
- Costa Rica frequently ranks at the top of the lists of happiest countries on Earth including studies done by Yale and Columbia Universities and New Economics foundation.
- Costa Rica is politically and economically stable so it is a safe bet for investors and any entrepreneurs planning to put up business in the country.
- Costa Rican government is not wasting money on military expenses because it does not have a standing army or military forces and has dedicated the country’s budget on security, education, culture and tourism.
- First rate yet affordable medical and dental care service that is on a par with US.
- People are drawn to the country because of its natural beauty and abundant biodiversity that is teeming with wildlife that is protected and preserved by the government and the locals.
- Great weather that result to low utility bills all year round.
- Friendly and welcoming locals and expat community who are willing to help others who are in need in cases of emergency.
- It is easy to fall in love with because it offers so much to do, so much to see and amazingly splendid every single day.
- Excellently dependable and affordable public transportation.
- Offers equal property ownership rights to locals and foreign buyers, plus low home taxes.
Property Ownership Types
Is the Property Really for Sale?
What is the Maritime Zone?
Myths About Squatters
Construction, Architects & Engineers
Purchasing Under a Corporation
And so much more……..