Costa Rica News – After we published an article a few days ago entitled “Sex in CR & 10 Benefits of Dating a Prostitute“. It hit a nerve with many readers and although the benefits at the end were meant as pretty much a joke we had some responses to the article including the one below. We will always try to allow other views and wanted to run this as seen in the eyes of one of our readers.
The business of prostitution has existed since before the beginning of recorded history. Nobody knows how many thousands of year before mankind learned how to read and write, women and probably men, learned that you can use sex for more than just procreation.
If one looks at nature, one can see that in most species the male is charged with fighting for mating rights for the best looking female. In change, the female also has to be selective, and allow only the strongest males to mate with them. You can see all of this today, because when it comes down to it, we are still animals who live by instinct. We are also subject to Darwin’s laws of evolution, which favors the strongest, healthiest and most adaptive genes. Those genes who repetitively create weak offspring, will be naturally selected to extinction.
If you assume, that the male is always the hunter and the gatherer; and, the women is usually the cooker and caregiver; the reason for prostitution becomes quite clear. If the male leaves, or becomes injured or even dies, then the woman must somehow provide the “hunting and gathering” function for the family. However, genetically speaking, women were not as strong and fast, thus they were not as successful hunters. This does not change their basic problem. They need to feed their offspring.
At some point women who were disadvantaged, learned to use sex for monetary advantage. In the Bible, Jesus Christ was persecuted because he socialized with prostitutes. In fact, there are some who think that he actually married Mary Magdalena, who some say was a reformed prostitute. Reformed from what? It’s not actually considered a sin. Yes, it is illegal in some countries and in other countries considered to be a socially deviant behavior. In most of Latin America, it is legal and in some social contexts, considered to be acceptable.
Most women who work for sex Latin America, where born with a bagful of disadvantages. Thus, I don’t think anyone from a developed country, which is full of advantages, should place any kind of judgment. If they don’t work, they cannot feed their kids.
That said, those who partake in their business as consumers, normally have at least some advantages. They can pay for it. There really is nothing wrong with this either, providing you don’t try to turn into some kind of relationship. In Costa Rica, if you keep it at the business transaction level, you will be better off. Here is why:
- Less than 1% of the female population in Costa Rica are sex workers. What’s wrong with the other 99%? Okay, maybe it’s 2% this year? What is wrong with the other 98%? There are too many beautiful women in Costa Rica and Latin America that are single and looking for a relationship. Yes, their instincts for survival are strong too. Thus, mixing their mostly Mestizo genes with North American or European genes can result in better offspring.
- Even if you find a near-perfect match in Latin America, you still will have a large cultural divide. For example, most women who work in the trade are young. She likely had a hard life. She probably has children, and she has a very large family who are also disadvantaged. In Latin America, the family is #1. You will be viewed by her and the rest of her family as a source of income. On top of that, if you are 20+ years older, you are not only dealing with a cultural divide, but a generational divide. Compared to you, she will be very immature and have a very narrow set of things to share. She will constantly hold her hand out for money. She will kick and scream if you don’t give it to her. There are worse stories, where working girls have even curved the law on their behalf, when you don’t pay up. The law is on their side in most of Latin America.
- As a customer, or a boyfriend, you are not safer from STDs because she is a sex worker. Even if she is very careful, which some of them are not, condoms break and some diseases aren’t prevented by condoms, such as Herpies, Warts, Lice and Scabies. I’m sure she takes care of herself, as best as she can. But when you need money, and there are customers, you have to close the transaction and accept the risks. Depending on how many years she has been in the business, how many customers has she been with?
- Who wants to wear a condom anyway? Is sex better with or without a condom? You are not guaranteed protection in either scenario. However, if you get to know her a little bit, and learn about her sexual history, or even get tested together, then you can enjoy real sex. If she is working, you can never know how many men she has been with. You don’t even know how many men she was with today. Doesn’t that add anxiety to the relationship?
- Sure she is good looking and many of her friends are good looking. However, do they think you are that good looking? Maybe or maybe not. They don’t care. This works fine if you both have the meter running, but if you are trying to have a relationship, there could be a large gap. For example, she is beautiful and young; and, you are older, heavier, balding and clearly out of her league.
- You are going to pay for it one way or another. Everyone has heard this before. Well, then just pay for it by the hour; and treat her with respect. Why elevate it to a relationship? If you don’t live in Costa Rica, you are most likely a fool to believe she will be loyal to you and abstain from all of her activities. Even if you pay monthly, she will grow bored, and go back to what she knows best.
- The opportunity cost of having a real relationship, with a women who isn’t just thinking about green backs in her hand, which she will share nothing with you. A give and take relationship. You are the hunter gatherer, and she is the caregiver. Prostitution is still very strong in modern society. However, is the traditional relationship gone?
By JJ Doppler