The endocrine system can undergo different changes during the lifetime. The right hormone condition of the body depends much on how well all the organs function. If the body lacks certain hormones, major health problems are very likely to appear.
Growth hormone disorder is one of the disbalances that happen because of problems with pituitary gland. It is possible equally in adults and children. However, obviously, older patients will have more difficulties in overcoming the issue. To undergo growth hormone or any other hormone replacement therapy, one should address endocrinologist. it is also better to visit a recommended clinic where your friends or relatives have already undergone treatment, instead of consulting in just any random clinic.
Symptoms of GHD
Almost any hormone disorder causes considerable changes in human body and mind. However, growth hormone causes a range of problems, from mild to severe. There are some symptoms:
- Unnatural body proportions, usually considerable excess weight.
- Muscle weakness and low energy levels. That is why for adults with GHD it is hard to exercise. They quickly get tired, never get toned and demonstrate from small to no muscle growth.
- Unusually thin and dry skin. The reason is that skin cells also stop regeneration, or “growth”. As a consequence of poor skin quality, hair also gets damages, may fall out and become thinner and weaker.
- Lack of growth hormone also influences mental health. The person becomes anxious and depressed, and this bad mood stays for long periods of time (from one week and more).
- Bone density is reduced. This symptom is not easy to find out, usually people get aware of this when they break a bone, or get diagnosed with osteoporosis.
These are the main symptoms of growth hormone deficiency. If one suffers from it, help of a professional doctor is needed. The best option is to address a clinic that is specialized in hormone therapy.
How To Deal With Hormone Deficiency
The deficiency of growth hormone is diagnosed in many people. Due to that, innovative methods of treatment are developed every day. One of the most efficient options is hormone replacement therapy that introduces synthetically developed hormones into the body to balance the endocrine system. If the therapy is successful, the patient’s health will improve:
- The body will increase the muscle mass and reduce the level of fat tissues.
- Cells will regenerate faster and skins and hair will become thicker.
- Energy levels will rise.
- Mentally, emotional stability will improve.
Immediately after the replacement therapy begins, some people may experience certain discomfort like muscle pains, headache, etc. In this case, the doctor should be consulted immediately to make the screening, perhaps the medication should be changed. In other cases, after a week or two in therapy, improvements begin to show.
Where To Undergo The Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy
If one needs human growth hormone replacement therapy, he has to approach the choice of the clinic very seriously. The best option is to contact the clinics that specialize in hormone therapies only. Not every doctor can conduct the replacement therapy correctly. It requires years of practice. It also requires detailed medical screening of the patient. Never trust the clinics that offer you a ready treatment option straight away. This has nothing to do with proper therapy of the endocrine system.
The human growth hormone replacement is a lengthy process. The initial medical screening may take more time and effort than development of treatment plan. Therefore, careful and step-by-step approach is crucial, and this is available only in reputable clinics that employ experienced professionals in the field of endocrinology.