Costa Rica Travel – Costa Rica prides itself of many marvelous things; well-preserved national parks and reserves that cover a quarter of the country, majestic volcanoes, picturesque sceneries, lush greeneries, rich diversity of underwater flora and fauna, grand adventures and tours, scintillating culture, lovely tropical beaches, cloud forest and wonderful weather.
However, amongst all of the many wonderful things and places it has to offer, The Los Sueños Resort and Marina in Playa Herradura is Costa Rica’s crowning jewel.
Playa Herradura is a coastal town on the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica and is just four kilometers or about 10 minutes drive from the bustling beach town of Jaco. It is the most popular tourist destination in all of Costa Rica and has major grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, bustling nightlife and a wide selection of hotels, vacation rental homes and condos, and numerous outdoor activities you will find only in Costa Rica.
Playa Herradura is also home to the world famous Los Sueños Resort and Marina which is a 1,100 acre destination resort community with amenities rivaling the best hotels and resorts all over the world. Los Sueños is surrounded by a 600-acre private tropical rainforest and runs a five-start Marriott hotel that boasts of 201 guestrooms and suites with astounding views, ocean-side pool, high-end restaurants and great attractions. It also leases over 500 plush residences that include classy single-family homes, fancy condos and posh villas. Other amenities offered by the hotel are full service spas, fitness center, tennis and volleyball courts, miniature golf, sauna and solarium. Additionally, Los Sueños Resort offers an exclusive Beach Club for its residents and their guests, and owns an 18-hole, par-72 championship golf course especially designed by Ted Robinson Jr.
Los Sueños Marina is currently the only government authorized marina with 200 wet slips that can house vessels ranging from 30 up to 180 feet in length, 100 dry slips that can accommodate vessels that are not longer than 35 feet and offers fuel services and emergency response unit that can answer to emergency calls anywhere in the Marina within 3.5 minutes. When necessary, the Los Sueños Emergency Care Center will dispatch a top-of-the-line ambulance with highly trained paramedics to handle medical emergencies on the docks and on board vessels. Another great feature in the Marina is that guests and residents can enjoy sport fishing on waters that are teeming with big game fishes like dorado, yellow fin tuna and sailfish. Professional and novice anglers can also join the Los Sueños Triple Crown sport fishing tournament where the guaranteed cash prize for the champion is usually around $100,000.
If you are looking for fine dining restaurants in the area there are six noteworthy and must try restaurants in the Marina Village:
- El Galeon Restaurant with its team of expert international chefs who creates exceptionally unique dishes by mixing international flavors with local ingredients. The ambiance is relaxing and the restaurant staffs are friendly and attentive to the diners so you can definitely enjoy the feast especially prepared for you.
- Bambu Sushi and Asian Cuisine has an attractive Asian inspired interior design and waterfront location. It is the only fine dining restaurant in the area that offers exceedingly great tasting Asian cuisine that would tickle and delight your palate.
- Lanterna Ristorante Italiano offers not just the charm but also the taste of Italy to Costa Rica. They serve traditional Italian cuisine like lasagna, old-world spaghetti and other dishes that you can enjoy while cozily sitting and gazing around Los Sueños Marina.
- The Hook Up Bar and Restaurant is located on the second level of the Marina Entry Building and offers a 270-degree panoramic view of the marina. They serve classic American dishes and comfort foods like homemade breads, desserts and sauces. It has a laid-back environment and have seven televisions strategically placed throughout the restaurant for you not to miss out on major sport events at home.
- The Terrace Lounge is ensconced upstairs from Lanterna. It has a European ambiance and interior design that would make you feel like you have travelled to a different continent. It is a great place to enjoy a nightcap or two while lounging and listening to the relaxing sound of jazz.
- Dolce Vita Coffee and Sweets has the most deliciously prepared coffee and pastry that can rival even international coffee and sweet brands. It has comfortable patio furniture where you can enjoy ravishing home-made ice cream, cakes, desserts and other pastries partnered with heart-melting coffee.