There’s an unexplored territory between the polarities and polarizations at home and abroad fueled by the global pandemic. Covid-19 stands in for many things as it continues to sweep in waves and variants around the world.
However is the virus, along with the man-made climate and ecological crisis, compelling radical change inwardly and outwardly since man’s rapaciousness has run out of room to ravage the earth?
What follows are articles of faith to me, without implying fixity or certainty. I reserve the right, indeed the necessity, to amend, add or delete them as my spiritual and philosophical understanding deepens.
- Nature and the universe are not merely random and mechanistic processes, but are infused with an infinite, unknowable cosmic intelligence that preceded the Big Bang.
- There is no separate God standing apart from creation and the ongoing expansion of the universe, the evolution of life, and the emergence of consciousness in sentient beings.
- Simple, single-celled life is common in the universe; multicellular life is rare; potentially intelligent life, such as Homo sapiens, very rare; and intelligent life, living in harmony with its planet and the cosmos, precious.
- The cosmos is suffused with inscrutable consciousness, and the universe experiments in largely random and non-linear ways to evolve life with the capacity to consciously share in cosmic consciousness.
- The evolution of ‘higher thought’ is both an essential stage and an enormous impediment to the realization of the intrinsic intent of the universe to evolve beings with the capacity to participate in universal consciousness and ongoing creation.
- Teleology exists as cosmic intent and direction, not as a fixed goal or to evolve any particular creature.
- The human brain, when it effortlessly initiates an undirected ‘flame of attention’ and remains still and empty of thought, merges with the silence and intelligence of the universe in deepening conscious awareness.
- In the ongoing unfolding of creation, the work of human transmutation flows from negation, stillness and emptiness, not from the accretion of knowledge and the active, intellectual mind.
- Humankind is moving ever faster in the wrong direction, destroying the earth and our spiritual potential. But that self-made trajectory is driving the necessity and urgency of a non-local revolution in consciousness.
- Science and technology, including artificial intelligence and virtual reality, will play no part in human transmutation, except to make thought and knowledge redundant in the human brain.
- At the same time, scientific knowledge and technological innovation will continue to expand, though with the wisdom to use them fittingly on the earth, in the cosmos, and to the benefit of all humanity.
- There is no utopia on earth or perfection in the universe. Living beings of intelligence are fallible and make mistakes, but they have ceased being divisive, fragmenting, self-centered and destructive creatures.
lefevremartin77 at gmail.com