Costa Rica Travel News – As we get closer to the end of high season in Costa Rica, many travelers are looking for that one last vacation to Costa Rica to try to escape the cold winter weather that is all around the USA and Canada. What better way to spend a 4 day weekend than zip lining through the rain forests of Costa Rica or just sitting on one of Costa Rica’s beaches to warm up for a few days?
For many people the biggest factor when deciding to when to come down to the land of “Pura Vida” is the cost of the airline ticket. There are some ways to try to make sure that you spend as little as possible when purchasing your flight to Costa Rica or any where for that matter.
- Book your flight 21 days before you want to fly: Booking a flight is like playing a game of chicken. Airlines want to get the most money possible for their tickets and have sophisticated computer algorithms that adjust their prices automatically. Book too early, and you might miss out on some major deals. Book too late, and you might be shocked to see prices skyrocket. The general consensus is to book your flight 21 days before your planned departure date to get the best deals.
- Tuesday is the best day of the week: Most airlines update their reservation systems on a Tuesday at 7pm GMT. People tend to buy the bulk of their tickets on the weekend, so airlines make changes on one of the slowest days of the week – Tuesday.
- Fly on Tuesday or Wednesday: Tuesday and Wednesday are the least busy days at airports, and are also the cheapest days to fly. As an added bonus, you’ll also have less people to deal with at the airport. Friday and Sunday are the peak flying days of the week, and are the worse, and most expensive days to fly.
- Delete The Cookies on Your Computer: Delete your Internet browser cookies if you’ve visited an airline site within the last 30 days. It’s been discovered that some airlines will raise prices for previous visitors to their websites.
- Compare Prices: Use travel search engines, in addition to airline websites, to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
Tips from smarterlifestyles.com