Costa Rica News – With yet another Costa Rica condominium scam brought to the public eye this week we should consider what measures to take to avoid falling for the next one.
- Look for other condos developed by the same company and make sure that it exists and ask the neighbors about the quality.
- Go to the CFIA to ask for the building permit and registration, ensuring the one hanging in the building is real.
- Check with MEIC too to make sure there is permission for the construction. If not, the company may fail to deliver. This can be checked online.
- Check that the developer owns the property and can sell it to you by verifying the number of the property.
- Lookout for neglected land and other warning signals.
- Read your contract thoroughly.