Costa Rica News – I wish someone could reach the mind of the President of Costa Rica and actually talk some sense into her, but it seems that the last thing on her mind is doing anything that would be considered common sense.
With all the problems that Costa Rica is facing; poverty that is increasing the crime rate, turtle eggs being used in the drug trade, shark fins being harvested out of the waters, an education system that only about 50% of the students graduate high school, corruption that is found throughout the entire system, and so much more…..this woman has decided that instead of spending money to address any of these problems and show the people of Costa Rica that she does care about them; it is more important for her to spend approximately $200,000 to improve her image with less than a year left in her presidency.
Madam President do you know what you image is….there is only one word for it and it starts with S and ends with T.
Costa Rican President Laura Chinchilla is the most unpopular president in over 20 years, according to a
survey published by La Nación.
Six out of 10 Costa Ricans rated the president’s performance as “poor” or “very poor,” the lowest approval
rating since the polling agency Unimer started collecting results in 1991, according to La Nación. Only 9
percent of those surveyed rated the National Liberation Party (PLN) leader’s performance as “good” or “ver
The President of the Republic, Laura Chinchilla, who has less than a year to complete their administration decided she would spend at least $200,000 for the remainder of her term to lift her image.
The money will be used in the hiring of a political strategist, who will assist in developing the message and social network management.
The information was confirmed by the Minister of Communication, Carlos Roverssi, who said the funds were included in the 2013 budget and must be used before March 2014, or the country will lose.
A political strategist? Are you effing kidding me? Tell you what Sra. Chinchilla I will tell you how to improve your image over the next few months for free.
1. Use this $200,000 to build in the local community (a new school, a clinic, a library, something that shows that the well being of the population actually means something to you)
2. Stop talking about this ridiculous claim that Nicaragua is going to take Guanacaste back. It was mentioned once in like a 15 page speech and i being handled by the international courts. Not a dang thing is going to happen so stop making a big deal about it. All it is doing is giving people a reason to not come to Costa Rica on vacation because of the thought of “invasion”.
3. Start having people in government positions be it police, deputies, ICE, everything held accountable for their actions. You have shown repeatedly through your Presidency that no once is held accountable for anything except when Karina Bolanos’ video appeared……no way would you have had that type of reaction with a male in your PLN party.
4. Give more support to the OIJ. They are the only law enforcement worth a flip in the country. The police and transitos are paid to little to actually care about upholding the law.
5. Stop spending money on your image…..you term is over soon, start showing with actions that you care about your people. Throwing another $200,000 into the toilet shows that you care about nothing but yourself.
6. Start actually trying to protect the environment in your country instead of the smoke and mirrors you have thrown up to make everyone thing you actually care. Actually Stop Shark Finning. Build a Recycling Plant. Clean the Rivers. When another country comes in and gives you a public work (like the national stadium, friendship bridge and soon the water treatment plant) take care of them. Do not let them fall apart with having employees that do not care because they know that they will not get fired for their lack of effort.
If you want to improve your image actions speak much louder than words and this spending on your “image” just makes you look worse.