World News – You can get some great vacation deals whether you are going to Costa Rica or somewhere else in the world if you shoop online this Labor Day weekend.
Travel brands and services are ushering in deals throughout the month of September, with select offerings revolving around the holiday weekend.
- On CheapOair, through September 7, take up to $40 off with promo code LD40.
- On Expedia, through September 4, save $30 on $300 bookings when you stay two or more nights with promo code EXPHOTEL30.
- HotelWiz is offering $20 off through September 11 with promo code HWIZ20
- Hotels.com is touting 12 percent off on select hotels when you spend $300 or more through September 4 with the promo code LABORDAY16.
- On SmartFares, take up to 70 percent off plus an extra $15 off Labor Day airfare through September 11 with promo code SFLABOR15.
- If you’re taking a vacation this weekend, you can also score some last minute travel deals. DogVacay created a new coupon, NBCLABORDAY, giving new users $30 off a purchase of $50 or more, valid from September 1-8, a spokesperson for the brand confirmed.
To stay up to date and make the most of your savings opportunities, consumers should follow their favorite retailers on social media.
“On Facebook and Instagram, make sure to like the store pages where you tend to shop,” said Sara Skirboll, shopping and trends expert for savings at RetailMeNot. “Often times they’ll launch a sale which may only last an hour or so and their followers are the first to hear about and take advantage of these deals.”
If you’re out of town this weekend, or aren’t up for shopping, don’t fret — you may still be able to get the same great deals next week.
“Most Labor Day sales events extend into the following week,” said Shelton. “Online deal sites will aggregate all the extended sales and coupons and vet out the best savings available for those who waited for bigger discounts post-holiday.”
by NICOLE AUDREY, From NBCNews.com, Edited By Dan Stevens