From rainforests to majestic coastlines, embrace the Pura Vida lifestyle with these must-try activities.
1. Delve Deep into Rainforests Costa Rica, with six unique rainforests, beckons you to witness unparalleled biodiversity. Venture to Manuel Antonio National Park or marvel at the awe-inspiring scenery of Corcovado National Park. Embrace the magic during the green season for a true rainforest shower.
2. Ride the Waves: Surfing Paradise Awaits With year-round surfing, Costa Rica is a haven for wave enthusiasts. Experience the world’s longest left-hand wave in Pavones or embrace the popular surf vibes at Jacó Beach. Enhance your experience with surf camps like Kalon Surf Resort, blending luxury with adrenaline.
3. Fly High with Ziplining Adventures Experience ziplining where it began. The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve offers a misty, ethereal backdrop to soar above the trees. Combine this with Costa Rica’s iconic hanging bridges for an aerial rainforest journey.
4. The Birder’s Dream: A Spectacular Show With 850 bird species, birdwatching is not just an activity in Costa Rica – it’s an event. From scarlet macaws over the Osa Peninsula to the mesmerizing quetzal, immerse yourself in an avian wonderland.
5. Relax or Revel on Costa Rica’s Beaches Whether it’s the Pacific’s wild jungles or the Caribbean’s soft sands, Costa Rica’s beaches promise serenity and fun. Spot turtles at Playa Grande, or experience the Bohemian vibe of Santa Teresa.
6. Dive into the Vibrant Caribbean Culture Experience a different Costa Rica in places like Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. Relish Caribbean-infused cuisines and explore pristine nature spots like Cahuita National Park.
7. Dive, Splash and Flow with Water Adventures Costa Rica’s rivers and waterfalls invite thrill-seekers and serenity-lovers alike. Revel in tubing adventures in La Fortuna, or conquer the rapids of the Pacuare River.
8. Rise to the Challenge: Mountain Climbing For a challenge that rewards with mesmerizing views, Cerro Chirripó is a must-climb. Experience diverse ecosystems and get the chance to view both the Pacific and Caribbean from its peak.